View Single Post

Old 07-22-2020, 03:42 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,872 Times in 2,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPD256 View Post
I’m so glad I responded to this thread. I’ve done some further research. McCloskeys street is private property. Therefore everyone not invited could be charged with illegal misdemeanor trespassing. If there is evidence of who was responsible for damaging the gate, they probably could be also charged with another misdemeanor. It appears to me the target of the group was not McCloskey, but instead the Mayor. I’m not arguing that the McCloskeys were beyond their constitutional rights. My personal choice would not be to stand 100 feet away with my AR trying to intimidate people. To me, he just made his home a target for the real criminals. His address and video is all over the internet. If someone of any color during protests came on my property with Molotov cocktails, or weapons, that would be a different outcome. If they are walking by on the street, I’ll be 20 feet away from them. Not intimidated. Not threatening. My Mom told me you catch more flies with sugar than vinegar. I always treat people the way I would like to be treated. If you are peaceful, I’m peaceful. If you go to weapons, That is an extremely poor choice you’ve just made. There are basically peaceful protestors exercising their first amendment rights, and there are rioters. I think that’s an important distinction to make.

Agreed. The "peaceful protestors" were trouble makers embolded by the current political climate that breaking things is OK as long as it's for the current narrative, which is why nobody is being arrested for vandalism at a BLM protest, but those who dare to throw paint on a BLM "Mural" are charged. But I didn't see evidence they were approaching his property. I would have gotten a weapon and waited at the window. If they came onto my property to do harm, my wife, (his was clearly incompetent with her weapon anyway) would be recording the crowd so I would have video of them on my property, brandishing weapons, threatening, etc. They proceeded to threaten or use a weapon, then it's time to throw down.

Not that I don't support the McCloskey's. I do. But they could have and should have been smarter.

As for the whole "They didn't break anything or loot", I would say the AR-15 had a lot to do with that. They had already broken a gate to illegally enter.

Last edited by kbm6893; 07-22-2020 at 03:44 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: