View Single Post

Old 07-22-2020, 04:51 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,287 Times in 1,566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbm6893 View Post
Agreed. The "peaceful protestors" were trouble makers embolded by the current political climate that breaking things is OK as long as it's for the current narrative, which is why nobody is being arrested for vandalism at a BLM protest, but those who dare to throw paint on a BLM "Mural" are charged. But I didn't see evidence they were approaching his property. I would have gotten a weapon and waited at the window. If they came onto my property to do harm, my wife, (his was clearly incompetent with her weapon anyway) would be recording the crowd so I would have video of them on my property, brandishing weapons, threatening, etc. They proceeded to threaten or use a weapon, then it's time to throw down.

Not that I don't support the McCloskey's. I do. But they could have and should have been smarter.

As for the whole "They didn't break anything or loot", I would say the AR-15 had a lot to do with that. They had already broken a gate to illegally enter.
I appreciate your response and those of others. They have prompted me to do a little further research. It seems that in addition to their legal issues, the McCloskeys have unfortunately had to board up the windows at their law firm due to their notoriety.

Additionally, I was curious as to what happened at Mayor Krewson’s House when the protestors arrived, since reportedly that was where they were headed when trespassing through McCloskey’s private street. I found video. Basically there were three foot barriers along the curb in front of the Mayor’s home. The protestors chanted for awhile about defunding the Police. Some held signs. No one violated the easily jumped barriers. Nothing burned. No looting. There was no Police presence. Looked to me like a peaceful gathering of people exercising their First Amendment protected rights. Same as McCloskeys exercising their Constitutional rights. Enough of this thread for me. I hope I’ve generated some thoughts for members.