View Single Post

Old 07-23-2020, 10:18 AM
US Veteran

Liked 5,585 Times in 2,559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt911 View Post
I hear conflicting info on this, even here. S&W says in steel revolvers made after 1958 +p is fine. I have even heard on this board you shouldn't shoot +p .38 in a 19 or 66. It gets confusing sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model520Fan View Post
It's confusing to those who believe nonsense like what I bolded above. Care to show us where you saw this?

Quote:
Well that's not a very friendly thing to say.
Quote:
In the last seven months I read a post on this forum were a poster stated he didn't recommend shooting a steady diet .38 +p in a model 19/66. I browsed the topic. I did not post. It was the first time I had heard that and it was confusing. I am not confusing it with .357. I am not going to sift through seven months of post. I'm sure other peb yople on this forum read it too.
I don't know why you consider my comment unfriendly. You are telling us that the bolded nonsense above was quoted from somebody's earlier post. You said that it gets confusing sometimes. That sort of hints that the nonsense was what made it confusing, but that is true only if you believe it, or believe that just because something is posted on this forum, it must be correct, or have some logical basis. While this is true most of the time, there are plenty of cases where it isn't. We occasionally have real experts correcting each other.

Obviously, ammo which meets SAAMI specs for .38 Special +P is safe in .357 Magnum revolvers. This is not affected by postings on this site.