View Single Post

Old 07-24-2020, 08:46 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 1,652 Times in 640 Posts
Default M-58 2008

I am the keeper of the last M-58 manufactured before the heritage series. I have the documentation, letter from Roy. "Model 58 .41 Magnum M&P, Special Production Revolver. In company records indicate your your handgun, Serial # AZB5248 was shipped from our factory on October 8, 2008 and delivered to XXXX XXXXX to Tellico Plains, Tn. No additional information on this revolver. XXXX XXXXX was a S&W salesman. This handgun was probably built as a sample for a distributer special or for a law enforcement department. It is certainly the last M-58 built just 30 years after it was discontinued. Signed by Roy. this letter dated August 25, 2009.
I have email from XXX XXXXX stating the Performance Center had enough new old stock to make some guns. They made him M-58, a M-25 in 45acp w/5" full target and two m-25s in 45 LC w/ 5" tapered bbls. Record dept had to make up special SKU's for each model.
I have ATF Inquiry: Master Record (model 58, 41 mag, revolver, Date of first Acquisition 12/17/07.
I received it in the original blue plastic box w/white info tag on box.
I did some summarizing here and redacted the org owners name in case he wouldn't want it known. The revolver is Blued, 4 inch with Non PC Magna grips.

SWCA 892
The Following 8 Users Like Post: