Thread: Model 64
View Single Post

Old 07-27-2020, 12:40 AM

Liked 155 Times in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbm6893 View Post
$300 for a Model 64 is an excellent deal. I was just creating a spreadsheet of all of my current guns with date purchased and price. I bought a 4” Model 67-1 in excellent condition on gunbroker 4 years ago with a Buy it Now price of $200.

I carried an NYPD NY-1 Model 64 DAO. Most guys ditched the wood Magna stocks immediately and the Pachmayr’s were the only ones authorized since they had the little window on the bottom of the grip so the serial number could be read at qualification. The Nyclad 158 grain +P was the duty round for by the 4” and 2” off duty guns. I believe the 135 grain was eventually chosen for the off duty guns but I don’t remember. The 130 grain WWB ammo was definitely never an issued round. That Walmart plinking ammo.
I envy you that 67, well done Sir.

Thanks for the history on those Pachmayrs, I didn't realize that they where the only authorized aftermarket. I was never on the Job and I never looked at the patrol guide. All I knew was that they came on the gun and where really comfortable.

I believe NYPD went to the Speer Gold Dot 135 +Ps as their service round before dropping revolvers. There might have been a different round between the Nyclads and the 135 gold dots.