View Single Post

Old 07-28-2020, 09:02 AM

Liked 12,802 Times in 4,228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
1959 , sitting on the back porch of my aunts house with my three cousins, all of us had our Daisy lever action BB guns , they lived "in the country" so we had woods , pastures , ponds to fish in ...you know...boys can be free in the country .
Along the road ran the electrical power poles and from the poles to the house a power line and crawling on the power line was a small green lizard, 50 feet away and twenty feet in the air ....
I say " see that lizard on the power line ?... I'm going to shoot it off " ( now the green lizard's body was only 1/4 inch thick at most. the power line was larger) I threw up the bb gun fired and to my cousin's astonishment ....the green lizard rolled off the wire with a perfectly centered heart/lung shot !
My cousins still think I'm the best shot in Louisiana and at this date I'm not going to tell them any different !
That shot surprised me more than anyone but I didn't let on and took full credit for being a master shot for decades .
Gary
That reminded me of a time when I was a kid at my cousin's house. We were in the backyard, and he had a BB rifle. A few houses down we saw a bird sitting on a TV antenna. He said he could hit the bird. He fired, and the bird flew off, but then the antenna bent over. Oops.
The Following User Likes This Post: