View Single Post

Old 07-28-2020, 10:01 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 386 Times in 48 Posts

1. This one is about my mom. My parents met when my mom was living in Rhode Island. So, when my dad brought her home to the West Texas ranch he grew up on to meet his parents, she looked a little out of place in her white, mini-skirt suit. They drove out to my cousins ranch where my grandfather was working cows. When it was time for lunch, the three of them got into the cab of my grandfathers truck to go to the house. On the way my mom pointed out a rattlesnake on the side of the road. Not believing her, my grandfather backed the truck up to prove her wrong. Sure enough, there was a rattlesnake there. My grandfather pulled a gun out from under the seat (knowing my grandfather I'm sure it was a Smith and Wesson ) and asked her if she wanted to shoot it. She took the gun from him, leaned over him and shot the snake in the head. She had no problems being accepted into the family after that. My grandfather had no idea that she had won many medals from the NRA mail in target shoots. She had grown up an Army brat. When her dad would take her skeet shooting, there were usually guys there betting on her shooting.

2. When I was in college, my history professor would take his class to the shooting range and let them shoot muzzle loaders he had. He asked me to go with him one time so I could help out with safety, loading, etc. So, I got to do some shooting too. I wasn't exactly called out, but everyone was very impressed when I shot, several times, a pan at a 100yds with the smooth bore muzzleloader.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: