View Single Post

Old 07-29-2020, 10:14 AM

Liked 1,397 Times in 773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaark1660 View Post
Barrel obstructions were from the poor jacketed bullets used in the 32-20's. Jacket would stick in the bore and separate from the core. Core strikes target, so you fire again not knowing the jacket is still in the tube.
I saw that happen, although with a .38. The guy didn't want to lead his barrel so he loaded JSPs as though they were wadcutters.

There was one elaborate theory that .32-20 bulged barrels were caused by stuck bullets left by the HV loads' slow burning rifle powder bleeding off through the cylinder gap before the bullet could get out the muzzle. Doesn't sound likely to me.

Quote:
Interesting about the Colt. I own a old Colt single action .32WCF.

In looking for ammo i found that .32WCF has been discontinued & the replacement is .32-20. Haven't bought any yet, & it is hard to find. Where did you find your ammo? Do you or anyone suggest even going this way?
Lee
I believe that "replacement" occurred about 125 years ago when Marlin did not want to put W(Winchester) CF on their rifles.

Here are some sources:
32-20 Win Ammo | Best 32-20 Win Ammunition - AmmoSeek.com 2020
I don't know who Ventura Munitions is but they have their own line and name brands.
The Following User Likes This Post: