View Single Post

Old 07-30-2020, 10:41 AM
US Veteran

Liked 14,364 Times in 5,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
That’s not true. Any person can CALL the ATF and verify a 03 FFL. Don’t follow this information.
I said nothing about calling, but was referring to the online FFL check system. You can always call the BATFE, but hours are limited.

I have never found any part of the regulation that disqualifies a C&R because of an alteration. If anyone has uncovered the section, please post it here. I can only guess that it was an agent looking for a reason to give the auction house a hard time and they never took the time to contact the BATFE for an explanation??

27 CFR Part 478

Curios or relics.
Firearms which are of special interest to collectors by reason of some quality other than is associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons. To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of the following categories:

a. Firearms which were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof;

b. Firearms which are certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; and

c. Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event. Proof of qualification of a particular firearm under this category may be established by evidence of present value and evidence that like firearms are not available except as collector's items, or that the value of like firearms available in ordinary commercial channels is substantially less.

Last edited by glowe; 07-30-2020 at 10:57 AM. Reason: added content