View Single Post

Old 07-31-2020, 12:47 PM

Liked 211 Times in 108 Posts

I have always loved both the 3" & 4" versions of the C.S. Models, although wih a preference towards the 3" barreled versions. They were strong Revolvers, with their nice heavy barrels facilitated your keeping it down if, & when repeat shots are indicated. Years ago, my LGS / L.E. Equipment Dealer received a bunch of both barrel lengths in N.I.B. condition. Ohhhhh how I wish I had grabbed one of each barrel length, but money was very tight at that time in my career, so I had to unfortunately pass on them. One of my close acquaintances at the time was an Immigration Agent, & used to love his issued C.S. Model. IIRC, he had chosen the 4" version, even though he worked P.C. all the time. [ Can't recall his issue Load, but it was either .38 Special 110 JHP+P+, or .357 Magnum 140 STHP. ] As most of us now sadly realize, many shun the larger Revolvers for self defense use. Personally, I feel that's a big mistake. They're just as deadly,& just as useful as they used to be. The only 'true' drawback / liability is the lack of a rapid reload. If that tends to be an issue regarding your intended purpose, well then perhaps the Revolver is not suited to your purposes. But, if your purposes won't require an extremely rapid reload, then just maybe the Revolver's many 'other' attributes will be sufficient for what you have intended. As for me, I frequently rely upon my 'old' S&W M-64 4" H.B. D.A.O. for all around home defense, although I do have, & employ other models at times.

Best, dpast32
The Following User Likes This Post: