Thread: S&W 39-2 ASP
View Single Post

Old 07-31-2020, 08:49 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 13,198 Times in 2,860 Posts

I never came across an ASP BAM-BAM, till that gunshow in the 80s. And I thought the pricing on that example was extremely optimistic.

I saw a couple of Devels along the way of my handgun journey, but for some reason the Devels - while excellent and truly innovative pistols - just never appealed to me as much as the ASP.

And I either didn't know, or didn't recall the Trapper custom conversions of the model 39 till a couple of years back when a Pilgrim wandered into the Godforsaken gunshop I was working in wanting to sell us one. It was ROUGH. Evidently having lived a hard life. And like the majority of customers in a gunshop, he wanted about 2X what it was worth.

So, all these years I have consoled myself with the 39XX series guns. I still have the 1st 3913 I bought. For off duty and court days. But it has sentimental value as a purchase with my late father. So it is stored.

I tried the DAO guns in the form of the 3954. And am not a fan. If that is a "revolver like trigger " then it is in need of a gunsmith.

Then, during the late 2000s I obtained the "poor mans ASP" in the form of the 3914NL. A perfect carry gun that would be more perfect if chambered in 45, but I digress.

Easy to carry and conceal. 3rd gen reliability and accuracy. And fast to draw from concealment and put rounds on target. IMO, the 3914NL and 3913NL are what the ASP aspired to be. Regards 18DAI

Last edited by 18DAI; 08-01-2020 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Spellin
The Following 4 Users Like Post: