View Single Post

Old 07-31-2020, 09:54 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 12,779 Times in 1,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrade View Post
sixgun: the top blue magnum in the last photo in post #25, has the finest looking grips I've ever seen! Are these beauties Ropers?
Yeah, that was the first pair of ropers I ever bought, most I have paid for a set.

When that Registered Magnum came my way with the wrong grips on it, I knew they had found the right home:

My sleep deprived brain will not supply the owner I purchased them from, but it keeps telling me that he was one of the great posters on this forum and a super nice person. Maybe he will remember them, which I would expect so since they were used in an issue of Guns magazine, March of 2011. The article was written by one of the great folks you find around here (Steven Hughes) about Keith Brown resurrecting the Roper.

The funny thing now that I look at the article is that at the time I bought the stocks I had never met Mr Hughes in person, but now I have and have talked to Keith Brown a bit while he works on filling his back orders. So the article, and the stocks, actually mean a lot more to me now then they did when I bought them.

When I bought them I just thought they were about the grandest thing that I had ever been offered to buy, and couldn't refuse the (slightly) steep price at the time. I believe it was a great decision at the time, and I continue to have zero regrets making it. Especially after this particular Registered Magnum (which the shop thought was just like any other model 27, and I paid a pittance for) came along, in need of some correct stocks.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: