View Single Post

Old 08-01-2020, 02:27 AM

Liked 399 Times in 197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
I had an SP101 and S&W model 60 years ago. I never could warm up to the Ruger. Sharp edges, it rattled and the trigger wasn’t at all to my liking. It went away and the Smith stayed.

Then one night somebody was outside out home knocking on one of our windows. I had a Glock 19 and my wife the Smith, but she was panicking and kept wanting to cock it. It went away the next day and was replaced with a model 640. DAO for defensive use wheelguns makes a lot of sense for a multitude of reasons and we always insist on them.

The 640 was nice, but a bit heavy for carry and it had the interval lock, so I traded it in for an air weight and have several of them.

If S&W would release a no-lock 640, that would be my wife’s dedicated home defense gun, but the 642 does both HD and carry pretty well.
Look no further my man, they have just the thing.

Performance Center(R) Pro Series(R) Model 640 | Smith & Wesson

As for the original question. The SP101 will have less felt recoil than the smith model 60 or 640 since the SP101 is heavier. I find the 2in 101 balances poorly, but I really like it in 3in trim. Model 60 feels pretty good in either length. If recoil is the primary concern I'd check out the 327 SP101 and run 32 or 32h&r.