View Single Post

Old 08-01-2020, 12:30 PM

Liked 3,332 Times in 1,429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeplorabusUnum View Post
Thank you all for the replies. I've been thinking about the possibility of no powder or low charge, and can't really think how that would happen.

I reload on a single stage RCBS press. I drop the first charge from my RCBS Charge Master digital scale. Once the pan has the proper charge, I drop it by hand through a powder funnel into the 1st case. I move the funnel to the next empty case, and while the next powder charge is dropping in the scale pan, I take the loaded case and run it through the seating die. I make them one bullet at a time. I never load a second case until the previous one has a bullet seated in it.

After crimping I take every case and drop it into an L.E. Wilson case gauge to make sure it drops in. Only then does it go into the ammo box. Even though is a bit tedious, I load this way so I don't get a double charge or no charge. I'm a bit mystified, but I do appreciate everyone's thoughts.

Like one of you said, I'm fortunate it lodged so close to the feeding ramp. I've been thinking about that all day.
If powder "bridges", then what's left of the bridge goes into the next case with another load. This could cause an overload. I'd be certain this didn't happen to you.

I'm not familiar with your RCBS Charge Master digital scale, so excuse me if I'm missing something.

Does a primer have enough power to cycle the pistol eject a case???