View Single Post

Old 08-01-2020, 01:07 PM

Liked 11,103 Times in 3,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFIDEC View Post
This one kept calling my name at recent local gun show in Birmingham. I probably went by seller's table 4-5 times before giving in. Being a certified NickelHolic, I just couldn't pass it up. It came with the brass plated target stocks that really fit well in my larger hands. I'm undecided whether to leave them on it or go with the additional pictured Roper style grips. Best of all...it shoots just as nicely as my blued version. The only thing that would have made me happier would be if it had been an original nickel finish.
Anyway, thanks for allowing me to show off my new-to-me shiny toy.
Comments welcomed.
Ray
I think it is superb. The seam on the side plate still looks factory to me. As Wrangler Rich said, I wouldn't doubt that Ford's of Florida did the work. I have a K22 done by them and it looks factory too.

I can't believe it stayed on the table of a busy gunshow long enough for you to go by and look at it 4-5 times without someone else snapping it up. It also looks like you were fortunate that some here, including myself, were not at that show! Thanks for sharing.
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKHAWKNJ View Post
There were the 25 HPs made for the Florida H.P. in the 1950s, but they would have been 4 screws. Again, that one looks so nice, a lunch pail special ?
I may be wrong, but I think those guns were brush nickel finished.
Larry