View Single Post

Old 08-01-2020, 02:09 PM
US Veteran

Liked 23,758 Times in 6,182 Posts
Default Another movie review.

This one is aimed for the most part at those who like Stephen King's books and movies. And The Shining with Jack Nicholson and Shelly Duval in particular.

I had no idea that there was a sequal to that, and I'm not talking about the remake from a couple of years ago. This movie is titled Dr. Sleep. It picks up the story when Danny Torrence is 30 something and still dealing with it...and then some.

I don't know if King had anything to do with this one other than the fact that it was based on the original story. It does include some footage from and references to the original movie and unlike a lot of squels this is a very very good movie. Well filmed and well told. If it misses the original movie it is by a very thin margin IMHO. We saw it on a Netflix rental disc. Even if you have never heard of Stephen King or the story you might just like it anyway. It gives you enough references to the original story that you can understand and enjoy it.

I would recommend watching the original and then watching the sequel. That's just what I'll do before too much more time goes by.