View Single Post

Old 08-01-2020, 08:43 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 12,781 Times in 1,815 Posts

I must admit I did not think there would be such strong emotions regarding lanyard rings.

Seeing as this is a sub forum devoted to guns that are at the newest nearly 60 years old, my assumption was that everyone enjoyed archaic features for their own sake. At least some archaic features. I thought a tongue in cheek thread celebrating a feature which (lets be honest here) was mostly just a thing so that soldiers would stop losing their damn guns.

After shooting people while galloping on horseback stopped being a thing at least.

What I am trying to say is that as near as I can tell, lanyard rings on 100 year old S&W revolvers seemed to me to be maybe the least serious thing to have an opinion about in the year of our lord two thousand and twenty. Had I known that they were such serious business I wouldn't have made a joke poll to go along with a thread that I made because I was pleased to finally put some rings back on guns that had originally had them on there and felt sort of incomplete without them.

I apologize.

Last edited by Modified; 08-01-2020 at 08:45 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: