View Single Post

Old 08-02-2020, 07:58 AM
US Veteran

Liked 39,473 Times in 10,045 Posts

For the record the Brazilian I chopped and made into a 45 colt had mismatched numbers and the 1917 that I made into a snub acp came with a loose mismatched barrel that was in bad shape. I have another mismatched Brazilian, and a couple of Bubbas 28-2 for modification guns.

But, I haven't seen very many Brazilians any collector would get excited about. Maybe they will be collectable someday after most of them have been modified. Its like Enfields, when I was young stores had racks of them for $19.95. Buy all you wanted. Herters had a grove of walnut trees made into stocks and you could get them cheap. Mill off the sights, cut off tthe front of the barrel and rework the muzzle to get rid of military sights, add scope mount, cut up trigger guard and floor plate and weld it back together flat, cut the ball off the bolt handle and turn it around and weld it back on and you had a nice handy dady 30-06 deer rifle. My dad made 8 of them that way. Us kids killed a lot of game with them. If so many had not been made into these kind of sporterized hunting rifles they wouldn't be very valuable today. I still run into these is pawn shops and sporting goods used counters
The Following 4 Users Like Post: