View Single Post

Old 08-03-2020, 01:30 AM

Liked 818 Times in 358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixgunStrumpet View Post
I didn't really get the hype on those until I found one (a Delica 2) at a garage sale for $3 about a month back. After some work with a stone (the prior owner appears to have been incapable of sharpening it properly), I tossed it in my pocket and found it immensely useful.

I think it's the thinness of it overall, it's light, its thin, but its just a really good steel, with a real nice comfortable design.

I should note that I am quite...bad with a stone, I only got one when I found a pair of Wusthof knives at the thrift shop and decided this was the perfect opportunity to learn. Since then I've been scouring thrift shops and garage sales for Wusthofs, and have become...someone who doesn't actually damage the knife using a stone. Although I am thinking I should pick up a spyderco sharpmaker now that I know a bit about sharpening knives, and know that I may never become good enough at it to hold the proper angle consistently enough.

In any case, this was $3 very well spent:

and I consider this $7.25 very very well spent:

Sixgun,

That’s actually a Delica 3 you’ve got there, and still a bargain at $3! I’ve got an “accumulation” of all four generations of the Delicas. My Delica 3 has the Combination Edge in the middle of the stack below. I carried mine for years.

33B40CCC-4B41-42ED-8D7C-738E1BE268C1.jpg

Last edited by CA Escapee; 08-03-2020 at 10:08 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: