Thread: COMCAST!
View Single Post

Old 08-03-2020, 06:40 PM

Liked 9,027 Times in 2,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swsig View Post
For TV, you could try Directv satellite service. Plus: Great picture, rarely down due to technical issues. Minus: You can lose service temporarily in a heavy rain storm. Worse, they charge you for stuff you don't want and never ask for. I've spent several hours on the phone this year getting them to remove charges for equipment that I've never possessed, and trying to get an unwanted extra-charge Major League Baseball package off of my bill. The customer service people always say they'll do it, but it usually doesn't get done.

Bottom line, if you want to watch excellent quality TV pictures that are rarely disrupted by technical issues, go with Directv. Just be prepared to pay/dispute whatever unasked-for charges they randomly add on to your bill.

I think The Analyst said it best: They are all bad...
I have DirecTV too. Great service, but you have to call and threaten to cancel your account every year when your discounts expire. Also I HATE having to talk to an Indian call center. The local cable company is based in Carbondale, and the CC is locally based. I might change my landline and internet since Verizon is awful, service drops off after a heavy rain (underground utilities). So I'm sure that by Wednesday my internet and landline will be kaput. But I am happy with DirecTV for the most part.