View Single Post

Old 08-03-2020, 08:34 PM

Liked 4,804 Times in 1,469 Posts

Just a couple of things. Maybe related, maybe not.

Trying to get to my point I’ll hurry. I was really into Mustangs. I had a ‘69 GT, an ‘87 GT, and then I got a ‘96 SVT “Cobra“ when they first came out. I dumped a lot of money, (too much maybe,) into all three. So at first in my opinion the “Cobra” was a gimmick although it ripped. I almost took the snakes off. So what if the two guys who hand built the engine actually signed the decal on it? Did Carroll still have anything to do with it? Nope. Ford was just still trying to cash in. Getting into the suspension of it I had to eventually call Boris Said cause most of the new parts didn’t fit. Boris explained that even though the parts were from a “box“ everything was specifically selected and hand fit. He helped me get that “Cobra” to where I wanted it. The other two Mustangs were always very happy with the parts I put on them, no issues.

Fast forward now. I’ve just exchanged my 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen slides on their like frames. (Some I’ve done before of course.) Bottom line is all is well until you get to the PC examples, and the TSW’s. The 4040PD was just as unhappy with different top ends. Also now I believe that even the PC slide stops are, (or could be “hand fit” too as they do NOT seem to want to work in other like PC examples but are perfect in their intended. At least the ones I have anyway.

I definitely do not know so these are just my limited observations. Try it for yourself. IF you dare.

Jim
The Following 2 Users Like Post: