Thread: COMCAST!
View Single Post

Old 08-04-2020, 10:31 AM

Liked 4,145 Times in 1,286 Posts

I am glad this topic came up because I am DISGUSTED with Comcast and their lack of customer service. RANT ON!

We have Comcast/Xfinity only because they have no competition in our area. They closed down their only service center in our major metro area (permanently, not just for the pandemic) and now the nearest service center or retail stores are at least an hour and a half away either north or south of us. How can they justify closing down anything in a major city while keeping open locations that are essentially in the sticks?

But wait, even the listed locations are all closed due to the pandemic so you must do everything online. I recently broke the one remote that would work with our set-top box and there was only a very small, hard-to-find reference on their website saying I could order a replacement online - only there was NO WAY to order one online!

They have NO human customer service reps (even offshore) and their automated chat-bot on their site is useless. By the time I wasted an entire afternoon just trying to replace a single remote control - and FAILING MISERABLY - I actually had to turn to eBay to buy a replacement.

The rub is their services work well and our bundle of home phone, internet and TV is very reliable and costs less that anything I could piece together otherwise, but their miserable customer service still has me hoping for alternative to appear one day.

Thanks for letting me vent! Rant Off...

Last edited by Jon651; 08-04-2020 at 10:33 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: