View Single Post

Old 08-07-2020, 09:40 PM

Liked 237 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte Smitten Wesson View Post
Absolutely not, it's indefensibly immoral to take advantage of people during a crisis just because they'll pay extra out of fear or desperation. PERIOD.

I know that there are misguided or otherwise shamelessly immoral people who will advocate for such blatant displays of corporate greed by attempting to write it off as "just good business" or attempting to call their loyalty to the nation into question because "That's just how capitalism works and America is a capitalist society" but I don't agree with that nonsense, nor do I have any obligation to as a free American. Heck even if it were entirely true and it was written in the US Constitution that money is more important than people so you're encouraged to rip off people for financial gain especially during a crisis, I am a man of faith first, a patriot second. Fortunately though, it is not at all encouraged in the US Constitution to do any such thing, nor do I recall any of the founding fathers advocating for any such immoral behavior, so it's an erroneous opinion based on the raving of corporate apologists/spin-doctors to escape responsibility.
Let’s put this into proper perspective. Rising prices for gun powder, primers, ammunition, etc., is NOT a crisis! It’s an inconvenience. People around the world falling ill and dying from an incurable disease is a crisis.

There is no morality, or responsibility associated with the pricing of reloading components. If all of these items become too expensive for your means, or unavailable, how much would your life be affected? You may not have as much fun, or may have to find another hobby, but you’d be just fine. It’s not like some venture capitalist bought out the company that manufactures the medication millions of people rely on to live, then jacked up the price by 2000%. THAT is where morality and responsibility are involved. THAT is a crisis.

Question: By some stroke of luck, your house was now in a high demand location, much different than when you originally bought it 10-15 years ago. People were bidding far over listed sales prices to lock in houses in your neighborhood because they wanted to be there so badly. So, you decide it’s time to downsize. Due to moral considerations, are you going to offer your house for what you paid for it 10-15 years ago, or sell it at the current values?

If you consider the current price and availability of reloading supplies a crisis, you are living quite the charmed life.

Get a grip!

Last edited by Stroker468; 08-07-2020 at 10:00 PM.
The Following 10 Users Like Post: