View Single Post

Old 08-09-2020, 02:48 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 22,574 Times in 5,847 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdogman View Post
I picked up this 627 a few weeks ago. I am wondering if it is from the same run/series. The cylinder is a different color then the rest of the gun. I has the same gold bead sight and it is an 8 shot as mentioned in this thread but it can in a silver Performance Center case. Here are two pictures of the gun and a picture of the label on the case. From the posts in this thread, I think i got a great deal at $700.

Gil
SWCA #3188
GIL,
No that is a totally different version of the 627 than this thread has been discussing.

As mentioned earilier in this thread, the original 627s offered in 1997 had a serial number prefix of RJM. Your 627 Pinto will have a serial number that begins with CMC and would have been made 7 years later

Tose original revolvers were a Lew Horton Distributor Exclusive, your revolver was commissioned by AccuSport as a Distributor Exclusive Offering. I can not recall to total produced but 130 or 160 stick im my mind.

The product code of your revolver is 170294. As shown on the price sticker

You should find the original end label under the foam of your Performance Center case. It will further confirm that product code. That label will also have a 4 digit "SPEC ORD" number that will probably start with 4. That number will provide the date of manufacture of your revolver.

You got a steal on that gun, even if you had to pay the full price on the tag. I already own one and I still would have bought that one had I come across it

I changed the sights on mine. It now wears a set of LPA 3 dot Fiber Optic sights. I also put a set of JM grips on it