View Single Post

Old 08-11-2020, 12:50 PM

Liked 7,080 Times in 3,002 Posts

I wish I could give caj's post above about 10 likes

This will be a little long but....
I no longer have a shop like I did for 40 years. I never tried to gouge anyone with prices. In fact I sold stuff in the last few "shortages for lower prices than all the other sellers at the time. But I still have stock. I buy estates and other lots of goods purchased when the price was right, keep what I want and sell the rest to fund my purchases. I know others here have done the same..We are after all quite a bit alike. Heck I just purchased 5m SPPs and 2 M LPPs for 110 bucks. Yeah the price was great as SPPs are selling locally for 40-50 per M. A friend is going to get some SPPs as he has none and he is a friend. He offered me 35 bucks per M., He will get them cheaper than that. But if I bought those primers originally to sell on the reloading market locally. I would have sold them for 35 per M.,.,., Is that price gouging?? Personally I don't feel as it is. I could easily sell them for more. In the last real 22 shortage I had purchased more than 250 boxes of 550 packs at Cabela's...5 boxes each in a 50 cal ammo can. on sale for a very good price...about 10 bucks per box. I intended to sell 'em for 12 bucks and end up with the 50 cal ammo cans as my final profit...even at 12 bucks each it was a profit and then the big crunch came. I saw Rem Thundertu..bolts sell at an auction for 90 dollars a brick of 500. What!!?? and 22 ammo was selling for 50-75 dollars a brick. I ended up selling almost all of that 22 ammo for 35 dollars per box. Gouging?? No I could have gotten more easily. But I considered some of the prices out there as ridiculous. Yep I made a profit but could have made more. Selling what you have for a profit isn't wrong. How many here lose money on the S&Ws they have bought?....not many for sure. So hey...if you think the price is way too high and don't want to spend that much...DON'T DO IT. But don't blame someone else for your lack of foresight!. I'd like to buy another small pocket pistol but darned if I can find one in stock locally. MY lack of foresight!

Last edited by Skeet 028; 08-11-2020 at 12:56 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: