View Single Post

Old 08-21-2020, 09:39 AM

Liked 2,249 Times in 1,032 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protected One View Post
The older we get the more likely ANY attack is to cause us great bodily harm or death, thus justifying the use of lethal force. That, combined with a past experience where pepper spray FAILED to do the job makes me less likely than ever to take chances with my life.

Today I turned 64, and am firmly in the "vulnerable population" category. Having never been a LEO and use to carrying multiple means of dealing with a threat, I choose to keep things simple: my firearm. If a situation presents itself where my verbal judo is unsuccessful, I don't intend to be confused as to what comes next.
What type and specific model of OC? There’s a huge range of different products(even from the same manufacturer) that vary greatly in effectiveness. Twist-top gel models bought in the supermarket checkout seem to be the most common type the average person buys and carries, but it’s usually the last type any reputable instructors recommend.

Regardless of vulnerable population status, there is still a long list of potential scenarios where pepper spray would be the better choice. Sit down and talk with an experienced cop for half an hour an hour and they will tell you things they’ll encountered you never imagined.