Thread: IWB For a 19?
View Single Post

Old 08-21-2020, 11:12 PM

Liked 113 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContinentalOp View Post

2. For revolver holsters, I recommend looking for a holster that carries the cylinder at the same level as the belt. You can tell by looking at the belt loops in relation to the molding for the cylinder. It may seem counterintuitive to stick the thickest part of the gun in your waistband directly underneath the belt, but I've found this to be the most stable design, which helps with both comfort and concealability.
While holsters are a personal thing I have to second a couple of recommendations made here.

I have both 3" and 4" K frames. I have a Bianchi 3S for the 3". I found a Don Hume H715-M IWB holster for 4" K frames in a used holster bin. The Hume holster felt much better to wear and I couldn't figure out why. Eventually I figured it was because the cylinder rides at belt level with the Hume just as ContinentalOp recommends. The stability of the low riding Hume holster leads to comfort and concealability.

I like the snaps on the belt loop on the Bianchi and I prefer having at least a thumb break for retention even with a concealed carry holster. But now the 3" stays home and I carry the 4" because the Hume rides so well.

URIT made a great recommendation with a useful link.

Last edited by Suburbanite; 08-21-2020 at 11:14 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: