View Single Post

Old 08-26-2020, 10:09 PM
US Veteran

Liked 714 Times in 476 Posts

I noted you said you have an Atlas bipod, that is a pretty good bipod. There isn't many that are better. Bipods can be a blessing and a detriment at the same time. The Atlas eliminates some of them.

Best accuracy with a bipod is to make sure it has good footing and push on the buttstock of the rifle to lean into the bipod. Doing that consistently, like everything else in shooting, is key.

From one veteran to another, thank you for your service.

I didn't mean to make you sound like an ignorant newb if I came across that way. Sometimes it's best to just start at the beginning and go from there.

As far as the conversation about triggers and pull weights. A good trigger does make a big difference. As far as the pull weight, that is going to be up to the individual. Two other rifles I have came with 3 pound trigger pulls from the factory. Others would probably feel comfortable with that and see no problem. I felt it was too light for a multipurpose rifle and adjusted the weight up to 4 pounds. It just felt too light to me. For my M&P10, I installed a Geissele SSA 4.5 pound trigger. It still feels light and the pull is very smooth and crisp.

There are other makes that will work just as well or very similarly if you don't want to spend that kind of money. ALG (Geissele's Wife's Company) sells less expensive triggers that are very good as well. Everyone one has their preference and there will be a multitude of recommendations in that regard.

To be honest, the trigger that came in my rifle really wasn't that bad for a MIL-Spec, stock trigger. I've seen video of people taking a stock M&P10 out and hitting targets at over 700 yards. It took them a few shots to zero in to the hold over and windage but they did it.

Enjoy!
The Following User Likes This Post: