View Single Post

Old 08-30-2020, 09:19 PM

Liked 1,284 Times in 694 Posts

The year was 1980. I traded a Gibson SG (customized) and a Kustom III Lead half stack amp to a buddy for a 6" Ruger Security Six, Lee Loader with all components and a 22 rifle I can't remember. No internet then, no one to mentor so I followed the directions in the kit. Still have all 10 fingers LOL. Started out as "saving money". That ship sailed years ago!

Then a local guy who had a small gunshop behind his house and shot Bullseye Competition, asked if I would be interested in his RCBS press and steel 38 Special dies? For $50, it went home with me. I built my first bench and have been hooked ever since! Still have/use the 1978 Reloader Special press and the dies still work, though they were retired for carbide years ago.

This COVID thing has put a "crimp" in my shooting for the past 6 months. Luckily I learned from past shortages and have a supply of components. I'm still locating/purchasing when I can, especially with November rolling around. That scares me more than COVID! I retired a year ago, so now I have more time for my hobby and I enjoy it more now because of that. Been reloading with my 9mm Lee Loader for my Glock 17, 115 Gr. plated RN/TiteGroup powder. Life is good :-)
The Following 3 Users Like Post: