Thread: 00 buck price
View Single Post

Old 09-02-2020, 06:01 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 1,118 Times in 305 Posts

A bit before Y2K a local guy was going out of business and I bought an unknown (lost my receipt) amount of Federal rifled slugs from him and Remington #4 buckshot. #4 buck is good stuff. Close to 2 cases, whatever that is. I kept it behind my bedroom door until my bride complained and I put it under the bed.
During the past 4 months, self defense shotguns (extended tubes or large capacity mags) flew off the shelf. Shells were bought up. Then there were none.
I set up at a very small show 2 weeks ago and took close to 60 boxes of #4 buck and rifled slugs with me. The first 2 hours I sold half of it at a buck a shell. During the small lull I re-priced it at $8 per 5 shells. Sold out by 3pm. No haggling or complaining.

I have noticed that overall, whether it is ammo or guns or reloading components, money is really no object anymore. I don't know if it is the threat of unrest, extra money from the unemployment checks or what. I see a pinned Model 66 go for $1,200 and primers go for 10 cents apiece and scratch my head (and wish I had several of each).