View Single Post

Old 09-03-2020, 02:20 PM

Liked 3,586 Times in 1,597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmansguns View Post
Just to close this thread out and maybe help others who have questionable ammo but don't reload.

A Forum member PM'd me and said ship the rounds to him because he takes care of pulling bullets and taking care of old ammo three times a week in exchange for free range time. He also tipped me that Fed-Ex allows ammo to be shipped via Ground at least domestically (CONUS) so I packed the two boxes up in a plain corrugated cardboard box, placed the ORM-D white-on-blue stickers and trotted off to Fed-Ex. Lo and behold...they were less then UPS price for similar shipment 2 years ago, and their central hub is only a couple miles from my house!

The reason I titled this thread "dealer reloads" in the first post was because when I moved here in 1988, I was told that some (not all) LGS (and there were many in those days) would sell "dealer reloads" in their stores with a range in house for customer use. One colleague of mine told me that those questionable 5.1 grain Bullseye may have been sold to the owner of that pristine Model 14-3. Anyway...I've personally never seen a dealer sell reloads in any of the States I've lived in for the past 55 years of firearms involvement, and I think the liability issue (especially in today's environment of legal beagles lurking around every tree) would outweigh any possible small profit to be gained.

So be it......thanks for all the replies and tips, as more than 1 commented.....inadvertent use of those overloaded 38 Specials could have spelled disaster.
At least four dealers in Northern Ma would sell reloaded ammunition. Thats where I would get my reloads for range use.