View Single Post

Old 09-03-2020, 06:39 PM

Liked 3,179 Times in 895 Posts

I live less than an hour from Buds and Smoky Mountain Guns in TN. I’ve bought an average of a new gun a month over the past couple of years and generally bought from one of them. I’ve bought 2 new guns in the past month and one late last month. Two from SMGA and one from Buds.

I’ve not really noticed any change in prices o Er the past year at least nothing that wouldn’t be normal increases. The only one I’ve noticed them gouging on is new Pythons. They’re asking and getting $500 over list price, no thanks. Otherwise they have great prices.

Stock is certainly limited but there are plenty of great defensive weapons to choose from. If you’re not dead set on one model you have a pretty good chance of finding something to suite yourself fancy. If you’re set on a specific model with certain features, you may or may not find it.

My last 3 purchases were a Ruger 22wmr this past Sunday and bought it at SMGA for $399. It was their last but the price was right. A couple of weeks earlier last month I bought a new Kimber Nightstar IO 9mm For $779 which was almost $200 off. The month before I bought a new Ruger Blackhawk 357/9mm blue at a great price at Buds. Don’t remember the price but was as low as I found.

SMGA had a limited Supply of S&W revolvers as did Buds but they still had a fair number. The larger local dealer near my home has a picked over selection but they’re getting new guns in now. A week ago they had a 3” & 4” 686, seems like a longer one too and a 586. There were several 629’s of varying barrel lengths. I don’t remember if they had a 460 or 500. They had a used (new model) 27 and did have a used 3” 686. Don’t remember if it was still there. They’re still doing very good discounts and often come close to Buds and SMGA prices.

Ammo though, basically nothing at SMGA this weekend. Last month they had pallets of 9mm and other ammo sitting around but not now. There were only shotgun shells for bird hunting and a dozen boxes of rifle ammo of more obscure calibers. Most of the larger dealers are pretty dry on ammo and loading supplies.