View Single Post

Old 09-06-2020, 08:24 PM

Liked 4,038 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSH View Post
Oh, I didn't mean to suggest that Walmart initiated or caused the current ammo crisis. It's pretty clear at this point what combination of factors caused it.

What I am suggesting is that Walmart no longer carrying handgun or MSR ammo has made the current ammo crisis far worse than it otherwise had to be.

As evidence, I offer the post-Newtown ammo crisis wherein just about all the ammo my friends and I were able to find during that earlier crisis we found at our local Walmart stores. Now, those stores have nothing.

In the absence of Walmart, the on-line bulk sellers are tasked with taking up the enormous slack, but it's not working. Why?

Throughout the entire post-Newtown crisis, Walmart never got into price gouging. There were never any shipping charges. The ammo trickled into the stores and people were able to buy modest quantities now and then without going broke.

Just my 2¢. It's not going to change anything. Just need to adjust to this brave new world.
Even if Wal Mart was still selling, a broken supply chain, be it shipping, manufacturing, or raw materials is still a big problem that makes a difference this time...