Thread: Which .45 ACP?
View Single Post

Old 09-08-2020, 04:29 PM

Liked 1,195 Times in 457 Posts

I have a 625-8 JM Special with 4” barrel. It is one of my all time favorite revolvers. Until recently, I also had a 5” S&W Model 625-6 Model of 1989.
Both are .45 ACP’s, of course.

Keep in mind, that if you are planning on competing with this revolver, some disciplines limit maximum barrel length to 4”.

The only thing I did to my two, is I installed a matched set of springs from Bang, Inc (Jerry Miculek’s Company) and tuned the trigger to 9.0 lbs. double action and three pounds single action. I mounted Red Dot sights on mine and changed the grips to my preferred Pachmayrs.

These are BOTH superb revolvers. I have thousands of my home cast bullets and reloads through both.

As mentioned above, if you want a quick reload, a round nosed or truncated cone bullet is necessary.

I use Ranch Products steel full moon clips ( require tools to moon and demoon) or RIMZ full moon clips. The RIMZ clips are easy to moon and demoon without tools but don’t retain the loaded rounds as well as steel.

For casual use and heavy bullets, Starline .45 Auto Rim cases are the way to go.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albu...ecial-3349.jpg
FWIW,
Dale53

Last edited by Dale53; 09-15-2020 at 12:54 AM.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: