View Single Post

Old 09-09-2020, 10:05 AM

Liked 3,247 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte Smitten Wesson View Post
Personally, my thoughts on the matter are as follows.

The letter of the law is to be followed, but not so strictly as to allow one's self to be terrorized, brutalized, victimized, or outright murdered.

If I owned a business that was my livelihood, then I would defend it with my life against those who would seek to destroy it. It makes no difference to me whether it has been decided that it's suddenly okay for certain people to destroy my property, ruin my livelihood, and especially harm me in the process.

In such a situation, you're pretty much darned in you do and darned if you don't... Either your business is destroyed and you're financially ruined, or you get sued for defending your business and you're financially ruined, so you better believe that if given the choice between the two, I'll take the route of a warrior and fight to protect what's mine and fight in court to defend my rights.
I'll always stand up for myself, for what is right and just. It won't earn me any popularity and it will most certainly be the harder it the two paths, but I refuse to be a victim and I refuse to stand idly by in the face of wickedness and injustice.

Don't get me wrong, I wish to be a peaceful man at heart, and I will always do my best to turn the other cheek and seek a path of peace, but when it comes to such grotesque injustice as being victimized as Law Enforcement is forced to turn a blind eye to my plight then turn on me because I didn't just lie down and take it, that's when I say NO! I refuse to accept the unilateral lawlessness that is going on in some parts of the nation and if it were to arrive at my doorstep, then I'm going to approach the situation in what I believe is the only appropriate fashion, I will defend myself, my home, and my family because if I'm going to loose everything either way, then I would rather go down fighting.

I only pray that it never comes to that and that order will be restored nationwide soon enough.
Thoughtful answer.

IMO, in the current political climate (at least in the cities) you have to make a choice if someone attacks you with deadly force: 1) being killed or maimed or 2) using deadly force to protect yourself (or your loved ones) to stay alive, but losing everything you have in the aftermath from the legal process.

Not 100%, but seems like the direction things are going.

Last edited by Ziggy2525; 09-09-2020 at 10:07 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: