View Single Post

Old 09-09-2020, 11:42 AM

Liked 7,086 Times in 3,003 Posts

Just bought a new set of RCBS 06 dies for 15 bucks... gun show...easy to find exc cond dies for under 25 dollars in 30-06 otherwise buy aset of Redding micrometer dies...expensive but precise. And while I am a user of Dillon presses...hard to beat a good condition or new Rockchucker press and this coming from someone who does not own one. I am not very fond of Lee equipment but have used the Collet dies and they do work....but they are for neck sizing which is good for one rifle....when set...but not for 2 or more. I typically throw the junk locking nuts off and put a real set on them otherwise they have to be adjusted every time they are used. Another set of good 06 dies are the RCBS Competition dies. I have multiple sets of them in various calibers. Not cheap but less than Redding micrometer sets. For a hunting bullet in the 165 gr range it's hard to beat the Nosler 165 Accubond. Learn the rifle loading first...then read up on loading handgun...A bit of difference. Above all be safe and have fun learning your new favorite hobby!
The Following User Likes This Post: