View Single Post

Old 09-09-2020, 06:55 PM

Liked 11,453 Times in 3,023 Posts
Default A Luger With An Interesting Past

Went out to CT weekend before last to visit some friends. A couple of us decided to hit the local range, and one buddy brought a pistol I had seen years before, but never fired.

Its a 9mm Luger pistol. His father served in the Second World War in Italy. The story was he was clearing out a suspected Nazi command bunker when a German Officer shot at him with the pistol, and missed. His father returned the favor, and didn't miss.
He decided to keep the pistol, and brought it back home with him. My friend inherited it about 10 years ago when his father passed. He has never shot it, and as far as he knows, his father never did either. If true, the last bullet fired from the gun was at his father, some 76 years ago.

We took turns running a box of Remington 115 FMJ thru it, with no malfunctions. I felt privileged to shoot it. Shot about 6 inches low for me at 25 yards. Jim said the Luger is going back in the safe, and will be passed on to his daughter, as a memento of the day that almost ended the family line..

Took a couple poor cell phone pics.

Lots of folks here own and shoot military surplus weapons, but I wonder how many actually think about what these guns have seen and been thru. If they could talk....

Larry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200831_131651.jpg (108.3 KB, 447 views)
File Type: jpg 20200831_131701.jpg (84.7 KB, 413 views)

Last edited by Fishinfool; 09-09-2020 at 07:04 PM.
The Following 77 Users Like Post:
18robert, 2152hq, 22lrfan, 2ndshift, Absalom, bgrafsr, Bib, bigchuck83, bigmoose, bigwheelzip, bmcgilvray, browningcollector, CajunBass, CelticSire, Chuck24, Continental Op, CptCurl, CQB27, CZU, desi2358, DGT, Eltioloco, Erocksmash, eveled, Gene L, Golddollar, Golphin, gregintenn, gwpercle, hobby-gunsmith, hoosierone, HOUSTON RICK, Injunbro, Jack Flash, Jeppo, Joe Kent, John F., JS Esq., K Frame Keith, kraynky, Kurusu, lawandorder, Lee Barner, leonardocarrillo, LoadedRound, loknload, MAG-NUM, mauser9, max, MCorps0311, Mike, SC Hunter, mikerjf, moosedog, Mrnurse, NYlakesider, Old cop, OLDSTER, Ole Joe Clark, Onomea, PALADIN85020, pawncop, peterdeb, Porkie, Ray, Roberto Renauld, SAFireman, Seven High, SFIDEC, smitholdtimer, Southernboy, stansdds, STCM(SW), SteveA, tominboise, VaTom, Xfuzz, Zarr