View Single Post

Old 09-10-2020, 07:04 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 931 Times in 299 Posts

2 rounds to warm barrel, then let cool for 5 minutes after you send 5 rounds if your shooting for super accuracy. From the look of your target add one click left, 2 clicks down to start. Add a small soft bag under the rear of the butt stock and use left had to squeeze the bag for tiny adjustments. This is where your left hand stays. Most important is the trigger and then breathing! A heavy trigger pull weight will negate any tiny adjustments prior to sending the round and your just driving yourself nuts otherwise.

What is your intended use? If it is for hunting or self protection your in the ball park! If your trying for something super accurate one hole shooting that's not the gun. AR chambers unless you buy a high end barrel are fairly loose. And then you have what's referred to as bullet jump (the distance from the ogive of the bullet to the start of the rifling). That requires you to measure with a gauge your chamber and then to make sure all your rounds are the same length from base to ogive. Again for a stock AR your shooting pretty darn good with 4X.

This is from my "bone stock" Ruger RPR with high end glass (Nightforce) and my reloads at 100 yards. It's crazy accurate and I'm not quite done with the load development, almost. That elusive 5th shot was breathing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181105_063016.jpg (55.0 KB, 40 views)