View Single Post

Old 09-11-2020, 03:42 PM

Liked 4,189 Times in 1,864 Posts
Default Requesting help identifying and locating a press part

Greetings!

When I went out to my shop today, I realized that I had broken a part on my 1970s vintage single stage press.My press is still usable, but it is awkward. I think the model is a Rock Chucker, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. In the cast iron O frame, there is cast into the frame either JRS or JR3, I forget which at the moment.

The part: at the top of the ram, there is a "C" shaped spring (see picture, below). A small part broke off, so shell holders won't stay in place firmly.

Manufacturer issue: I have attempted to contact RCBS, who is typically fantastic for product support. The problem is, they are shut down due to both a COVID19 mandated closure,and the skeleton crew that is handling reduced customer service is subjected to a mandatory evacuation order because of the forest fires.

At the moment, in order to get my press back to 100% operation, I need to find the part locally or on an auction site.

Can anyone help provide the name of this part, and share if you've ever seen a part like this in a box hardware store or a shop like Cabela's?

As always, thanks in advance for your help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200911_150037-3.jpg (77.3 KB, 88 views)