View Single Post

Old 09-11-2020, 04:55 PM
US Veteran

Liked 7,880 Times in 2,833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post
The honest discussions reveal the reasons the person disliked open carry, “you're a target”, “prefer surprise”, “deal with the cops”, and all the rest, were not based on anything real, and when you point out the glaring flaws in those beliefs, you get to one of several actual reasons:
I've been targeted at least twice because I was open carrying.

I've also had an incident in which the fact that I was clearly armed was no deterrent at all.

That doesn't sound like I'm just a victim of incorrect beliefs to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJ. View Post
But if you OC, you need to ask yourself a question:

Bear in mind this question is not for LEO's or anyone who is required by their job to OC! It's for us regular folks.

If some thug (or thugs) comes up to you, points a gun in your face, and says he's taking your gun, what is your plan at that point? Your choice is comply or die. What are you going to do?

Some may say that this is so unlikely it's not even worth considering.

But given todays lawless climate, it SHOULD be taken into consideration.
It should be taken into consideration regardless. Every time the discussion of open carry comes up that's one of the things that I say "If you're going to open carry you had better have a plan for WHEN someone tries to take it off you."

and don't think it doesn't happen to cops.

It's not a frequent occurrence but neither is needing to use a gun in self defense.

Last edited by Smoke; 09-11-2020 at 05:08 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: