View Single Post

Old 09-12-2020, 02:29 AM
US Veteran

Liked 7,151 Times in 2,395 Posts

I didn't start collecting fire arms until we had been married for some years, I had a shot gun, a deer rifle, and a squirrel gun (22lr). She was raised in a home with guns. So there really was not a discussion about guns. I believe marriage is about compromise, Some times you get what you want and sometimes you don't. Marriage is not a game, not a win lose relationship it's not about keeping score. We married young, both of us in our teens both from dysfunctional families, her parent's were abusive and alcoholic. every weekend in was drinking and physical fights. My mother was mentally ill and abusive to her children. We learned to trust each other we learned to fight fair, and to say I am sorry. we learned to let go of the small stuff, and found out most stuff is small. we are separate people with different likes and dislikes different views.

My wife is at a quilting retreat this weekend, it's something she enjoys and looks forward to all year.. When she left this morning she said thanks for letting me go to the retreat. I said your going because you want to go. I can take care of myself for a couple of days.

we have been married 53 years, It has been mostly good with some challenges and losses I still love as much now as I did when me met.