Thread: 9mm Revolvers
View Single Post

Old 09-12-2020, 02:16 PM

Liked 2,125 Times in 968 Posts

re: CA PitBull

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog81 View Post
I have one in 45 ACP. The fit and finish are noticeably worse than any S&W I’ve owed. The sights are mediocre. The trigger pull leaves a lot to be desired. The ejection system works, but moonclips work better.

The first one I tried was the .45 in black nitride. I don't know why I thought it would different from a BullDog, as the ballistics are similar. Suffice to say, unpleasant to shoot, for me. The Bulldog fans here would dig it, I'm sure.

Last year, I found an original run 6-SHOT 9mm, and took the chance. Thankfully, I've not initially found any function issues that seemed to have plagued them. However, my POI is quite off-kilter from POA when going past 7yds. I thought perhaps it may have been designed around the 147gr loads that were en-vogue at the time. I wrote CA, and they said that NO, 115gr is the load. To their credit, they said that filing my front sight would NOT void the warranty, LOL. I think that installation of a driftable dovetailed J-frame sight would be the preference, instead.

Either one had a fit and finish about on-par with a Ruger, say SP101. Ditto the trigger. So, each is quite manageable. The 9mm recoils like a steel J-frame with hot .38, or perhaps 3" K-frame with medium strength magnums.