View Single Post

Old 09-12-2020, 02:37 PM

Liked 6,774 Times in 1,312 Posts
Default The Marlin .410 and another good day of squirrel hunting

It's been a rough month or so, been going to PT for something, whatever the heck I did to my back/leg. Doctors think it's the sciatic because about six weeks ago, one day couldn't walk and the pain in my right leg was like someone set it on fire.
It's been getting better since with time and PT. I've dropped about 20 pounds or so since. Today was my first time really out in the woods so I kept it local and my son went with me, I had to know that if I could at least get out squirrel hunting, that I would be able to go deer hunting next month. Well, this morning went well, went out and after about an hour with my squirrel call we angered this grey squirrel and he came out of his tree to see what was up. He met up with my Marlin .410 lever gun that I truly have come to really enjoy hunting with.
My son wanted to carry him out, so I let him, and another treat was when we stopped and looked at the moose tracks that were in the trail. Not a lot of moose are seen around here, mostly north in the higher Adirondacks. I showed him when we got home how to clean a squirrel and get it ready for the freezer. Hoping to get another one or so to make a nice stew.