View Single Post

Old 09-12-2020, 04:24 PM

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Finally!!

Well after 9wks sitting at Smith&Wesson's shop, the wife finally got her Sw22 back. They did replace the barrel (this one doesn't have any extra holes in it) and supposedly worked on the action to correct the not stripping a round every time from the mag. I was just waiting to see the results and sure enough, first thing I noticed was the button head allen bolt that secures the rear sight base was no where to be found!! NICE!! So I proceeded to field strip it only to find the barrel retention set screw was finger tight. Wow do they not check their work or what? I guess what burns me the most is she gave up over two months of her warranty sitting on a shelf somewhere at their business. I guess that's the way it goes but pretty disappointing about their QC, be different if we sent it to Joe Blow who works out of the back of a '78 station wagon. Range tomorrow so guess that will tell the rest of the story. Sorry about the rant but I've been in manufacturing for over 43yrs and this level of quality wouldn't go far in my line of work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4799.jpg (118.0 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by olemil; 09-12-2020 at 04:26 PM.