View Single Post

Old 09-13-2020, 01:47 AM

Liked 7,048 Times in 2,985 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
Not to be pedantic but any .32-20 S&W is going to be "an old one". If the adjustable sights are factory then you have an uncommon target model. The SCSW 4th Edition indicates that a serial of 450XX would be 1906-1907 and is considered a 1905 2nd model. It is a K frame.

Looking forward to pics! Would it be too forward to ask how much you paid for it?
Well I guess I should have bought the old blown up gun. It was a bit later in serial but had a decent set of stocks I could have put on this gun. The sights are original as far as I can tell. The rear sight is tiny compared to the later K frame sights for certain. Gun is pretty tight not loose. finish is about 75% or so. Still a little color to the hammer. and the trigger also. The fellow I got it from was selling it for an older man who told him his father carried it in Wyoming as a deputy sheriff...but you know how stories like that pan out. Not offended about asking te price. Paid $650. I made an offer on another S&W a 5906 and glad I didn't buy it. I do like revolvers much better. Didn't think this one was that early in last century. Thanks to both who have responded...so far anyway.. Wish I were a better photographer.. I'm pretty happy with this purchase. Had it sitting on my table at the show and a fellow came by who offered a pretty fair profit on it...but nah... I sold a bunch of primers, 9mm and 38 spec ammo and felt pretty flush. I even traded a box of Large rifle primers for a Mec 650 and enough components to load well over a 1000 shotshells...but only one bag of shot.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: