View Single Post

Old 09-13-2020, 03:38 AM

Liked 3,595 Times in 1,521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcan73 View Post
OK, got it but I already have an issue. They tacked on a 10% sales tax. I pay Washington state sales tax to my transfer FFL when he receives the gun and I dish up his transfer fee. I sent AIM a message asking about their added tax, I have a feeling I've been screwed. If I was an Ohio resident, I can understand a sales tax on an internet transaction. I'll post an update when I contact AIM, probably on Monday (9/14) via phone.

BTW, there's several reviews on their site detailing the crud inside the 6906. I don't have any issue with breaking down the gun and cleaning it.
Washington State law is that they collect sales tax if purchased from an out of state BUSINESS. HOWEVER, if you already paid sales tax in the seller's state, you get credit for that. So if you paid 5% tax to AIM, them you only owe the balance to your FFL transfer. One reason I try to do out of state private sales. No sales tax due for those transfers.

You should be able to get the difference tax back from the FFL who handled the transfer. Pretty sure it was part of either I-1639 or I-594.