View Single Post

Old 09-13-2020, 03:02 PM

Liked 3,465 Times in 917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleabus101 View Post
I am curious daddio
Did you buy the Smith locally in your area?
Thanks Randy..
No I actually found it with a BUY NOW of $910 on GunBroker, the seller had just listed it that morning. I have found quite a few good deals on the site but I spend much time on there looking (at least an hour every day). You have to be very good examing the pictures, knowing the S&W history and be quick to act if something comes up because either it will get bought or bid up way too high. I have seen guns go unnoticed for weeks and soon as I gather up the funds, the gun gets noticed and bid way up high. I even had a pre model 24 on my watchlist for over a year for $1899.00 then I finally decided I was going to buy it and put my bid in- the very next day somebody bought it with a buy now for $1999.00. So a little luck is also needed. I try to stick with only sellers who are FFL holders with good ratings and have never had any luck with the most popular high end sellers as everybody watches those sellers closely. I have lost out on many great deals too, either by not knowing enough, not enough money on hand at the time or just my stubborn self not willing to bid more than a gun is worth or the worst of all..... not willing to pay what the gun is worth because I am wanting a bargain so badly. Sometimes it has been a roller coaster ride but I enjoy the hunt of guns probably as much as actually getting them, I am always on to the next "trophy buy".
The Following 2 Users Like Post: