View Single Post

Old 09-13-2020, 05:11 PM

Liked 2,079 Times in 324 Posts
Default Bored with current 9mm auto help pick a replacement

Well I’ve had some great deals on revolvers. In the past year I picked up a 1930 Nickel 38/44 HD 5”, a nickel 15-4 4” like new and now a 66-1 2.5” with Tyler T Grips recessed cylinder pinned barrel. All in great condition and all under $625.

Love revolvers and these were too good to pass up. I carry a 36 daily and have a really nice 19-5 4” too.

I have two auto loaders left. A Ruger SR22 I got my wife - she has Lupus and Arthritis so anything more than .22 is painful (plus it has her favorite color purple frame) and I got an HK VP9 with their magazine promo a few years back. I got 4 free magazines for a total of 6. I live in Western NY (8 years to go before I retire and get out of here) so stuck with 10 round magazines.

I’m getting back to my old roots of target shooting at 50 yards. I’m guilty of being one of those guys you see at the range shooting their 9mm at 7 yards. I can keep them all in the black but big deal. Unlike the blue 19-5 I have or the Nickel 15-4 the HK has no personality. It’s a tool.

Since now is the time to sell I’m thinking of offloading the VP9 and getting something else. Something that gives me the same feeling when I pick up those nice steel and wood revolvers.

So I am looking for ideas. I have 1500 9mm rounds on hand so would like to get about another 9mm.

My local range is opening a challenge course of move and fire with varying targets I think out to 40 yards. Yes the HK could work but I’d like something different

Here are some ideas
Sig p210 new model
Smith 929
CZ Shadow 2
1911 in 9mm
Ruger Super GP100
Maybe even save up for an STI Staccato
Or??

I’d like something for competitive shooting and to work on my shooting at a standard 50 yard range

So what are your ideas or votes?