View Single Post

Old 09-14-2020, 06:56 AM

Liked 51 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenntex32 View Post
Can I have you do me a huge favor?

Measure out a dead nuts 40gr load using your digital scale that measures to 1/100th a grain. Then remove from the digital scale the pan and powder.............then place it back on again 10 times and tell me how much it does or doesn't deviate from the first measurement each time.

Then, if you don't mind, please repeat the process with just a 5gr powder weight.

I am truly curious as to how repeatable such a scale is...............and if it is truly repeatable then what brand is it and what would one cost?

1 grain = 1/7000th of a pound.

You scale is measuring to a degree of 1/700000th of of a pound. Wow, if it is truly repeatable..........and somewhat affordable.

Usually I have to rely on a beam scale to show very minor deviations (above or below) 1/10th a grain accuracy. I've tried several "affordable" digital scales in the past but always went back to a beam for finer accuracy. Maybe things are changing with regards to digital scales?

Thanks in advance,
Dale
I'll give it a try. My guess, from what I have seen to date (I've had this scale for less that 2 weeks), is that it will be consistent to the tenth and vary plus or minus as much as .05.

I'll forewarn you. The results may be delayed. I should have a mailbox full of primed brass when I get home today. That could distract me