View Single Post

Old 09-14-2020, 11:32 AM

Liked 1,504 Times in 608 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte Smitten Wesson View Post
Comeback?

When did they ever go away? Seriously, they've remained in production to this very day by just about every major firearms manufacturer that ever produced Revolvers to begin with, folks have continued to carry them all the while, and they still have a strong niche in the role of Wilderness Defense because they simply offer maximum power in the smallest possible package.

Sure, Semiautomatic Pistols are generally more popular, but I honestly think that has more to do with the significantly lower cost of polymer-framed pistols as well as the lower cost of ammunition when it comes to pistol cartridges. Because the most popular carry firearms tend to be single-stack subcompact pistols which only have marginally higher ammo capacity. If there were most inexpensive, ultra lightweight polymer framed Revolvers available like the Ruger LCR and Taurus 605 Poly, then I bet that Revolvers would be more popular among average shooters due to their greater ease of operation and greater power. (5-6 rounds of .38 Special or .357 Magnum vs 7-8 rounds of .380 ACP or 9mm Luger.)

And many people gravitate towards autos because they are thinking primarily self-defense. I love my Hi Power and my Sig, but for back country, you are right. The revolver platform offers more power and can be had in different size platforms. I would want a revolver for back country/woods carry. Right now, my needs are primarily home/self-defense.

When/if finances allow, I will own a revolver or two again!!!!